Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between digitally printed silk and hand-painted silk?
Digitally Printed Silk: This process involves using digital printing technology to transfer a pre-designed image directly onto the silk fabric. It allows for intricate and detailed patterns, and the design is applied in a precise and controlled manner.
Hand-Painted Silk: Hand-painting is a traditional and labor-intensive technique where our skilled artisans apply the design by hand using brushes. This method offers a more organic, artistic, and original quality to the patterns. Each piece is unique, as the artist's hand plays a significant role in the final outcome.
Why are hand-painted pieces priced higher than digital print silk pieces?
The process of hand-painting silk involves skilled artisans applying the design manually, brushstroke by brushstroke. This requires a significant amount of time, expertise, and precision, contributing to the higher labor costs compared to the automated nature of digital printing. Hand-painted silk items are unique and carry the distinctive touch of the artist. Each piece is an individual work of art, making it inherently more valuable and exclusive compared to digitally printed items. The materials used in hand-painting, including high-quality dyes and brushes, contribute to the overall cost. Additionally, the skill required to achieve vibrant, lasting colors and intricate details is a factor that influences pricing. The scarcity of hand-painted items also drive up their value.
If I order a hand-painted piece, will it be the exact same as the pictured sample?
The uniqueness of each piece is at the heart of our commitment to artisanal craftsmanship. At Balessa, we celebrate individuality, and to preserve the distinctiveness of our artwork, each piece may vary slightly from the pictured sample. This intentional variation ensures that every creation is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, adding a touch of exclusivity to your wardrobe. Embracing the beauty of these subtle differences, our artisans pour their skill and creativity into each piece, making every item as special and unique as the person who wears it. We believe that these subtle variations contribute to the charm and authenticity of our creations, reflecting the true spirit of handcrafted artistry.
Can I order a custom hand-painted silk design with custom artwork?
Yes. Hand-painting allows for a high degree of customization. Artisans can tailor designs, colors, and details according to specific customer preferences or create one-of-a-kind pieces. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
What is the difference between mini, midi and maxi lengths?
Minis are short, typically above the knee.
Midis fall between the knee and calf.
Maxis are long, reaching the ankle or floor.
An individual’s height may cause slight variations.
What are some of the characteristic of silk crêpe de chine?
- Elegant Drape: Crêpe de Chine has a graceful and fluid drape that enhances the overall look of garments. It hangs beautifully and flows effortlessly, making it a popular choice for dresses, blouses, and scarves.
- Subtle Sheen: This silk variety possesses a subtle and refined sheen that adds a touch of sophistication to the fabric. The gentle luster contributes to an overall polished appearance, making it suitable for both casual and formal wear.
- Soft and Smooth Texture: Crêpe de Chine silk is prized for its soft and smooth texture against the skin. It feels luxurious and comfortable, providing a pleasant wearing experience.
- Versatility: Crêpe de Chine is a versatile fabric that adapts well to various garment styles. Its drape and lightweight nature make it suitable for flowing dresses, blouses, and scarves, while its smooth surface also works well for tailored pieces.
- Breathability: Silk is a natural fiber known for its breathability, and Crêpe de Chine is no exception. It allows air circulation, making it comfortable to wear in warmer temperatures.
- Durability: Despite its delicate appearance, Crêpe de Chine silk is relatively durable. With proper care, it can maintain its quality and luxurious feel over time.
- Acceptance of Dye: Crêpe de Chine silk readily accepts dyes, allowing for vibrant and rich colors. This makes it an excellent choice for garments with intricate or bold patterns.
Resistance to Wrinkles: The texture of Crepe de Chine silk can contribute to a natural resistance to wrinkles and tends to hold its shape well, reducing the need for constant ironing.
- Hypoallergenic: Silk's resistance to mold, mildew, and dust mites, along with its tight weave preventing allergen trapping, makes it hypoallergenic. Its natural proteins, akin to human skin, reduce allergic reactions and irritation, making silk ideal for allergy-prone or sensitive skin.
- Temperature Regulation: Silk has inherent temperature-regulating properties, helping to keep the body cool in warm weather and providing insulation in colder temperatures.
- Luxurious Appearance: Crêpe de Chine silk exudes an air of luxury and sophistication, making it a favored choice for high-end fashion and special occasions.
How do you keep the artwork from fading on the leathers?
Our hand-painted leather pieces should be cared for the same way you would care for regular leather items. Artwork will not fade unless physically removed or as a result of prolonged sun exposure.
Accuracy of content
We have made every effort to ensure that the products are fairly described, that the product information is correct, and that the colours of our products are displayed as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colours you see will vary with the quality of your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your display will accurately reflect the colour of the product requested on delivery.